Monday, August 24, 2009

Oven problems.....

Well, I have had to temporarily postpone muffin testing until the oven is fixed. It is probably just the heating element but, nevertheless, I must be patient and hold off until we are back in working order! So hard.....I hate waiting and, even more, I hate not being able to bake!!

In the meantime, I made some doctor and nurse cupcakes for a customer of mine and I think they turned out well. I have never worked with fondant before, but I couldn't find any "medical" embellishments that I could purchase so I decided to make my own. I got the idea from a web picture from Australia. I liked her nurses a bit better (mine kind of look "clownish"), but not bad for a first attempt :)

I will update everyone when we are up and running in the kitchen again - hopefully it won't be too long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment