Sunday, January 31, 2010

Well, it's about damn time.....

That's right.....time to start blogging again!



With a new year, comes new ideas and I've got a few things up my sleeve. I haven't really forgotten about my beloved blog, I've just been planning.....yes, since AUGUST!! Okay, maybe not for five months, but I truly have been dreaming up ways to provide you with just the right mix of daily doses of whimsy, knowledge and cupcake-ology. All I can say is.....I'm back!!



So, did you know that.....this is School Counselor Week?



I'd like to say that I never got the chance to know my children's counselor because they were such well behaved little darlings, but alas, this is not the case. My daughter, who is now a sophomore in college, made it through unscathed. The worst thing I remember hearing about is her constantly leaning back in her chair in 6th grade (we love you, Mrs. Barta and, no, she has yet to break the leaning habit). My little pumpkin came home complaining that she had her chair taken away all day and she had to sit on her knees all day long - tee hee hee - serves her right! I also recall a conversation with a certain middle school teacher that my daughter dared to roll her eyes in class (hello.....she's 13.....she rolled her eyes at me so often, I began to wonder if she would cause irreparable damage!). The boys, well I'm inclined to pass on those two little munchkins since I prefer to keep this blog "G" rated. But, suffice it to say that school counselor's get a bad rap. Not because of who they are, but because we usually never hear from them until our little dumpling has gotten themselves into hot water! I'd like to propose that we turn over a new leaf, as the saying goes. Let's take the time to thank our child's school counselor for dedicating their career to the well-being of our kids.



Whatever does any of this have to do with cupcakes, you ask? Well, don't you think it would be a wonderful gesture to call up a certain cupcake bakery (oh, I don't know.....a place called Torilyn's comes to mind) and order up a batch of cupcakes and hand deliver them to your child's counselor? I regularly deliver cupcakes to my son's high school (yep, that's the one that I can't discuss due to the "G" rating) and, trust me, they go a long way in smoothing things over! Teachers, principals, assistant principals, secretaries, substitutes and those sweet ladies in the attendance office have all earned those tasty little cakes. And let me tell you.....they are gonna miss him when he graduates this year. But, never fear wonderful high school staff.....there's another one on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment